Being an on-fire Christian in a secular culture can be challenging! We sponsor annual Northeast Marketplace Ministry Awards every Christmas season for three reasons:
(1) To encourage and exhort on-fire working men and women to "keep on keeping on."
(2) To encourage other working Christians by pointing out real-world role models who, by God's grace, are seeking to be Christlike in their everyday worklives, careers and businesses.
(3) To be a vibrant Christian testimony in the public square by publicizing award recipients.
2020 Northeast Marketplace Ministry Award Recipients
Five organizations were recognized with 2020 Northeast Marketplace Ministry Awards for their vibrant efforts to inspire, encourage and equip Christ-followers in the workplace and to lead by example in their daily operations. In alphabetical order, they are:
* Newington, Connecticut:Corporate Chaplaincy Services provides licensed and ordained pastors and chaplains to various workplaces. The organization was founded by Pastor Joel L. Rissinger, who describes their chaplains as "spiritual cheerleaders for businesses." During the coronavirus pandemic, Corporate Chaplaincy Services adapted to the sobering new work environment and continued to minister to souls in profound ways.
* Agawam, Massachusetts: Media 14:36 has a mission to share the Gospel through the media, from publishing Christ-exalting hard copy and e-books to award-winning, family-friendly, God honoring movies. One such book and movie, Heaven: The Adventure Begins, premiered in Connecticut on December 11 and is slated to premiere at hundreds of movie theaters nationwide in January of 2021.
* New York City: originally founded in New Canaan, Connecticut, the New Canaan Society now has local chapters across the northeast and nationwide. Groups of men gather together to encourage each other in friendship and faith and support each other to be better husbands, fathers, men in the marketplace and community. During COVID-19, the New Canaan Society effectively transitioned from in-person meetings to online meetings.
* Bedford, New Hampshire: the New Hampshire Alliance was founded in 1991 t o facilitate relationship connections across the state, provide information to all the regions in the state, share inspiring stories, and activate the Body of Christ in unity. In 2020, the organization made deliberate steps forward in pursuing its long-term goal of reaching workplaces across New Hampshire for Christ.
* Cambridge, Massachusetts: The Theology of Work Project is the deepest, largest, and most trusted source of biblical, theological, and pastoral material related to work. Most of their materials are available free of charge on their website. Their cornerstone resource, the Theology of Work Bible Commentary, is an exhaustive commentary covering what the entire Bible says about work. It is in use by over 60 partner organizations, dozens of seminaries, and hundreds of churches.
2020 marks the 22nd consecutive year of the awards.
Congratulations to all organizations. Keep on keeping on!
Northeast Christians At Work * 30 Lafayette Square, Suite 118 * Vernon, CT 06066 Toll-free 1-800-JOY-9075 * Local 860.872.3190 * Fax 860.872.3468 Email info@ChristAtWork.org